2022/2023 FACULTY OF MUSIC CLASSICAL INSTRUMENTAL ENSEMBLES AT A GLANCE
- UT Symphony Orchestra: Mon, Wed & Fri 3:00-5:00pm Uri Mayer
- Wind Ensemble: Mon, Wed & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Jeff Reynolds
- Wind Symphony: Tues, Thurs & Fri 3:00-5:00pm TBA
- Contemporary Music Ensemble: Tues & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Wallace Halladay
- Guitar Orchestra: Wed & Fri 3:00-6:00pm Rob MacDonald
- Graduate Saxophones: TBA Wallace Halladay
Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Percussion Placement Auditions
These auditions determine your placement for the 2022-23 academic year in the University of Toronto Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony or Contemporary Music Ensemble.
All instrumental auditions will be in-person and screened. The audition panel will sit behind a screen and will not be able to see candidates as they audition. Adjudicators will only be able to identify you by number.
Ensemble conductors and instrument specialists will hear each audition and students will be ranked according to their level of performance. Based on the repertoire needs of the ensembles, some flow of players may occur during the year.
Please follow the instructions as outlined for your instrument and review:
General Guidelines for Preparing Audition Material 2020
Advice for taking screened audition
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Warm-up room numbers are listed in brackets on the schedules.
- Students are identified in the schedules by the last 5 digits of their student number.
Classical Instrumental Ensemble Audition Excerpts (to come in early July):
Prepare ALL the excerpts.
- Double Bass
- Bass Trombone
Results will be posted on Friday, September 9, 2022, after 3:00pm.
If you would like to audition for any other ensembles, or if you have any questions, please contact the Performance Office.