MUS 120Y1 & MUS 220Y1: Classical and Jazz Instrumental and Vocal Ensembles I and II
If you are looking for information on completing a Major or Minor in Music please check here (and select “Music for Arts & Science Students” from the drop down menu).
We are happy to announce that MUS120/220Y1 will be offered again in 2022/2023. Audition information and application will be available here in early July 2022.
Auditions will take place, in-person, September 6-8, 2022.
2022/2023 Major Ensembles:
- UT Symphony Orchestra: Mon, Wed & Fri 3:00-5:00pm Uri Mayer
- Wind Ensemble: Mon, Wed & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Jeff Reynolds
- Wind Symphony: Tues, Thurs & Fri 3:00-5:00pm TBA
- Contemporary Music Ensemble: Tues & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Wallace Halladay
- MacMillan Singers: Mon & Wed 3:00-5:00pm Jamie Hillman
- Chamber Choir: Mon & Wed 3:00-5:00pm Lori-Anne Dolloff
- Soprano/Alto Chorus: Tues & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Elaine Choi
- Tenor/Bass Chorus: Tues & Thurs 3:00-5:00pm Thomas Burton
- Guitar Orchestra: Wed & Fri 3:00-6:00pm Rob MacDonald
- Jazz Orchestra: Mon & Wed 11:00am-1:pm Jim Lewis
- Jazz Orchestra: Tues & Thurs 10:00am-12:00pm TBA
- Jazz Orchestra, 12tet: Tues & Thurs 10:00am-12:00pm TBA
- Vocal Jazz: Mon & Wed 11:00am-1:00pm Christine Duncan
*rehearsal times are subject to change
All major ensembles at the Faculty of Music require a minimum of 4-6 hours of rehearsal per week not including dress rehearsals and performances. Students must keep their academic schedules free during ensemble rehearsal and performance hours.