Teacher Assignment Forms will be e-mailed in late July.
Undergraduate students not required to take Applied Lessons for their degree program (3rd & 4th year Comprehensive (Classical & Jazz), Composition and History/Culture/Theory), but wish to continue on with lessons, need to complete an Optional Applied Lessons form found on the Registrar’s Office’s SharePoint page. Completed forms are due to the Registrar’s Office by July 15.
Applied Music Information (Juries, Recitals, Grading, Code of Conduct, etc.) can be found on the Performance Office’s SharePoint
Interested in transferring to Performance (Classical or Jazz)? Please read the Transfer Information document on the Performance Office’s SharePoint
The full recital schedule is posted outside the Performance Office.
Recitals required for Undergraduate and Masters students for their degree will be scheduled by the Performance Office and posted in mid/late-October. Requests for recital date changes must be made by petition.
Masters Students should refer to the Masters Recital Scheduling and Deferrals document (Performance Office’s SharePoint).
DMA students should book their recital date with the Performance Office directly.
Be sure to read all materials relevant to your degree for recital requirements and regulations.
Optional recitals, for students not required by their program, must be coordinated by the student.
Venues (may not always be available):
- Walter Hall – Edward Johnson Building, 80 Queen’s Park
- Father Madden Hall – Carr Hall, 100 St Joseph St
- George Ignatieff Theatre – 15 Devonshire Pl
- Upper Jazz Studio – 90 Wellesley St W
- Knox College Chapel – 59 St George St
- Vic Chapel – Victoria College, 91 Charles St W
- Emmanuel Chapel – Emmanuel College, 75 Queen’s Park
- St. Basil’s Church – St Michael’s College, 50 St Joseph St
- Trinity St. Paul’s Chapel – 427 Bloor St W
Faculty of Music Competitions:
For current year’s competition information and application, please see SharePoint.
2021 UTSO Concerto Competition Winners
- Christina Kant, Harp student of Judy Loman
- Jesse Ma, Saxophone student of Wallace Halladay
2021 WINDS Concerto Competition Winners
- Vivian Kwok, Piano student of Jamie Parker
- Kristian Vogel, Tenor Saxophone student of Wallace Halladay
2020 DMA Recital Competition Winner
- Aaron Chow, Piano